The Nine Most Common Regrets of the Dying
by Jenny Sharkey
- I wish I had been more loving to the people who matter most to me.
- I wish I had been a better spouse, parent or child.
- I wish I had not spent so much time working on things that didn’t matter all that much to me, and instead I wish I had invested that time into my relationships.
- I wish I had taken more risks – pushed myself to do more courageous things with this short life we have.
- I wish I had chosen happiness more and enjoyed my life more.
- I wish I had lived my own dream.
- I wish I had taken better care of myself and taken time to look after my body and mind.
- I wish I had done more for others and given more.
- I wish I had chosen work that was more meaningful for me.